Stainless Steel Lintels
Stainless Steel Lintels are ideal when the life expectancy and maintenance programme of a building are key design considerations, for example in specialist laboratory or medical applications, hospitals, residential care homes, schools, prisons and institutional buildings. Stainless steel is suitable in these developments because of its outstanding anti-corrosion properties.
- All Keystone Stainless Steel Lintels are manufactured from Austenitic Stainless Steel, grade 304 2b to BS EN 10088- Part 2 Astm 240 (European Grade 1.4307).
- Upon request, other grades of stainless steel are available.
- All Keystone loading tables apply to both Stainless Steel and Galvanised Steel lintels, subject to lintel width availability.
- All Keystone Stainless Steel lintels are made to order, specific to each application.
- All standard stainless steel lintels from Keystone are BBA approved.
- Special lintels are also available in Stainless Steel, made to order.
‘British Standard Code of Practice for the use of masonry – pt3; Materials and Components’ recommends the use of Stainless Steel Lintels in buildings that are subjected to aggressive environmental conditions and buildings exceeding three storeys.
There is also a requirement for NHBC registered projects to use Stainless Steel Lintels in coastal locations, namely, within 500m of the shoreline.