Please choose which type of Hi-therm Lintel loading table you would like to view.
Better buildability – offers the simplicity of a one piece, structurally superior top hat design creating stability during the building process, unlike a two part lintel solution. Hi-therm+ is manufactured with a wider range & longer lengths.
Hi-therm is the only BBA Approved one piece lintel solution which achieves the appendix R value for steel lintels in Part L 2013. Up to 5 times more thermally efficient than a standard steel cavity wall lintel therefore reducing thermal bridging & improving SAP calculations.
Hi-therm+ offers a cost effective solution to lowering carbon emissions within SAP, offering significant savings compared to other popular alternatives.
For example in a comparative case study for a house type, using Hi-therm would incur less than 20% of the cost of increasing the cavity width by 50mm for the same saving in Co². These Co² savings are important within SAP because they give flexibility for compliance in situations where other built details are not meeting the standards in Appendix R.
Comparison of popular solutions to reduce carbon emissions by 1kg
Maintenance free – No maintenance required unlike other sustainable technologies.
Split lintels – in some cases split lintels may be offered as a means of enhancing thermal performance however they are in no way comparable in terms of efficiency or buildability to the Hi-therm sustainability lintel.
- Hi-therm closes the cavity.
- The single component design simplifies installation.
- The one piece design assists stability between the internal and external leaves and creates stability during the build process.
- Hi-therm+ gives cost certainty with no additional costs.
- A cavity closer must be supplied and fitted.
- Requires two separate lintels with double the handling and installation labour.
- Individual lintels will require propping and additional wall ties will be required to overcome the lack of inherent stability in a split lintel solution.
New Barratt Homes
Sites throughout the UK.
Specifying Hi-therm significantly reduced thermal bridging on all house types.
“When the government unveiled its changes to Part L 2013 building regulations Barratts analysed a range of sustainable solutions in order to comply with the mandatory minimum fabric performance standard (Target Fabric Energy Efficiency, TFEE). The Hi-therm lintel has proved to offer a cost effective option as part of a suite of specification upgrades.”