Industry tips, product information & much more.
Subscribe today and be among the first to hear about product announcements,
awards, competitions & promotions.
Subscribe to Keystone Lintels
- One-piece lintels are the key to Buildability and Reduced Build Costs November 13, 2022 - As the UK continues on its path towards more energy efficient homes and achieving its net zero targets, preventing heat loss by addressing thermal bridges has become increasingly important, as research has shown it can account for up to 30% of heat loss from buildings. Ciaran McAliskey, Specification Manager of Keystone Lintels looks at the detailing around junctions as part… Read more
- Top 5 Benefits of a one-piece Thermally Efficient Lintel November 13, 2022 - With households facing unprecedented energy price rises, a fabric first approach to design will reduce heat loss and create homes that are more affordable to heat. Therefore, tighter U-values in walls, floors and roofs from the outset is far less costly than retrofitting later. Ciaran McAliskey of Keystone Lintels looks at the benefits of a one-piece lintel including low thermal… Read more
- Hi-therm+ Lintel Key to Thermal Bridging Reduction in Masonry Facades November 13, 2022 - With thermal bridging responsible for up to 30% of a home’s heat loss, which thermally-efficient solutions are available to the specifier in terms of a building’s lintel specification? Keystone Lintels provides insight into the fabric-first approach to design, and how the one-piece thermally-efficient Hi-therm lintel can significantly improve SAP ratings, eliminate the need for costly renewable technologies and create smaller… Read more
- Fabric First sets us on the Path to Net Zero November 13, 2022 - Faced with the UK’s ambitious commitment to bring carbon emissions to net zero by 2050 and the resulting stricter building regulations, housebuilders are under increasing pressure to consider the long term energy efficiency of all buildings from the earliest stage of the design process. All new housing in 2025 is expected to produce 75-80% less carbon emissions compared to current… Read more
- Understanding how Lintels can Affect Thermal Performance November 13, 2022 - At a time when homeowners are faced with a stratospheric rise in energy costs, there is a strong argument that focusing on the fabric of a building is the most cost-effective, reliable and robust method of reducing heating losses in our domestic properties. Keystone Lintels explains why steel lintels have such an important role to play in the thermal performance… Read more